Live for Others
The phrase “Live for Others” has been a staple here at Camp Crosley since 1915. Our staff is the best example of this. Camp Crosley’s strongest asset continues to be the high quality of our staff. We search high and low for the most amazing and caring staff just for your child. We only hire adult staff that are mentally, emotionally, and spiritually mature to ensure that not only is your child in good hands, but in good hearts. We know safety is important and that is why we spend significant time year round to ensure that each staff member has been reference and background checked before they set foot on the property.
Your child’s safety is our #1 priority
A few things we want you to know:
- Adults supervise all activities. All adults working with your child are trained, certified, and background checked.
- Bullying is not tolerated at Camp Crosley. Our camp environment ensures that EVERY child receives unconditional acceptance.
- Campers sleep in cabins with two trained, adult counselors.
- Campers are assigned to cabins by age. One cabinmate with a one-year age difference may be requested for each week.
Here at Camp Crosley there are two trained counselors to every cabin. We have a 1:4 staff to camper ratio. All of Crosley’s activities are staff by counselors who are specialists in those activities. Your child is certain to enjoy the entire camp experience.
- Camp Crosley is accredited through the American Camping Association
- A registered nurse is on camp property 24 hours a day
- All of Camp Crosley staff are certified in First Aid/CPR
- Over half of the staff are certified lifeguards
- Wakeboard/Waterski Instructors certified through Waterski Works
- Mini-Bike Instructors certified through the Motorcycle Safety Foundation and ATV Safety Institute
- Horse Manager certified through the Certified Horsemanship Association
- High/Low Ropes Instructors certified through the Association of Challenge Course Technology
- Archery Instructors certified through USA Archery
- Riflery Instructors certified through the Civilian Marksmanship Program